Puerto Rico a Major Player in GEW/USA
Chelsea Grieco @C_Grieco
Oct 18, 2012
GEW/USA partners in Puerto Rico have planned Puerto Rico GEW to celebrate the entrepreneurial initiatives of the state. Held in the state capital, the city of San Juan, the GEW celebration features competitions, seminars, networking events, and expos. Take a look at all of the registered events taking place in Puerto Rico during GEW this year.
- Guayacan Venture Adventure: This new-venture initiative has been in operation since August and will conclude with a celebration on November 17th in honor of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
- Ahora es el Momento de Emprender: The business conference aims to incite action into potential business owners in Puerto Rico.
- Feria Empresarial de la Mujer: The women’s business expo features keynote speakers, exhibitions, workshops and more.
- Conversatorio Empresarial: The networking event stimulates business conversation within the city by encouraging participants to share their ideas and experiences. The event offers participants a place to contribute as well as learn and absorb new information.
- Seminario: Seminars cover the laws and regulations that are vital for business owners to know when owning a kiosk.
- Lemonade Stand: Students exhibit micro enterprises in branches of the west.
- Maestro por un día: ‘Teacher for a Day’ allows employers and business owners the opportunity to visit with students in different universities to share their experiences and answer students’ questions.
- 320 Sección Empresarial: The Session 320 Business event holds workshops around Puerto Rico that focus on the topic: ’50 Strategies to Build Your Business.’
- Startup Weekend: Geared to university students, they have 54 hours to create, develop and make a business idea work.
Other organizations that are participating in making GEW/USA a success in Puerto Rico include:
- Mujer Empresaria de Hoy: The Women Entrepreneurs of Today organization of Cayey, is presenting, Sofá Rojo: Unplugged. The event focuses on, ‘The Feminine Energy for Business’: Passion, vision, reinvention, creativity and balance. Entrepreneurs reveal their secrets on how to meet the daily challenges to keep the balance between home, family and lead a successful business.
- Inter American University of Puerto Rico-San German the university in San German is holding the Innovation & Entrepreneurship: A ride on the same boat event.
[Photo credit: SEIU International]