GEW/USA News & Updates: PA, TX, HI Partners Planning for 2012
Jul 25, 2012
While summer is still in full swing, a number of GEW/USA partners are registering their activities for Global Entrepreneurship Week 2012. Today, we take a look at a handful of activities in Pennsylvania, Texas and Hawaii.
- Shippensburg Small Business Development Center of Shippensburg University in Pennsylvania has posted a number of new events and lectures that help entrepreneurs learn how to do business with the state and federal government. Activities are currently scheduled for GEW 2012 in Gettysburg, York and Carlisle.
- The McAllen Chamber of Commerce in south Texas is planning activities that give local entrepreneurs an opportunity to discuss their ventures, share best practices and engage in some peer-to-peer counseling. Currently registered activities include: Inventors & Entrepreneurs Network Meeting, The Winners’ Roundtable and The Top 5 Small Business Awards—honoring local entrepreneurs from McAllen over the last few years.
- The Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Hawaii is participating in Startup Weekend University, "a program designed to revolutionize the way universities foster the next generation of entrepreneurs by providing experiential, simulation-based opportunities for students to ‘learn by doing.'" The Center is also planning a Professional-in-Residence of the Week activity to connect its students to local employers.
We want to hear what you have planned. Be sure to begin planning your events and activities for GEW 2012 and registering them on the site. If you need help thinking of new and interesting ideas, be sure to visit the Ideas Bank that has been updated with even more great concepts for empowering entrepreneurship in your area.
In other news from the Unleashing Ideas network:
- First place at the recent Startup Weekend San Antonio goes to the team behind True Ability, a program designed to measure abilities of tech job candidates. The service would eliminate a sizable chunk of guesswork from the hiring process.
- Fifteen Junior Achievement affiliates have been awarded scholarships from the University of Phoenix. They will complete their education while continuing to work with JA to serve the educational needs of students across the country.
- The Young Entrepreneurship Council blog features valuable advice on building and managing a remote team for your budding startup.
- Catch up on what the Startup Summer students at the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship have been up to in this NFTE update.