News & Updates from the Unleashing Ideas Network (Aug. 2011)
Sep 16, 2011
Congratulations to the guys at Startup Weekend, Marc Nager, Clint Nelsen and Franck Nouyrigat, on their new book. Startup Weekend: How to Take a Company from Concept to Creation in 54 Hours will hit bookstore shelves on November 8... so pre-order your copy now and check out the list of 30 cities scheduled to host Startup Weekend events as a part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2011.
In other news:
- Cambodia and XXXX just joined the GEW family--117 countries and still growing!
- YBI will release its first ever global survey of its entrepreneurs during Global Entrepreneurship Week 2011. The survey addresses two key issues: barriers and motivators to starting up a business; and, the value of non-financial support such as mentoring and training.
- Australia announced its upcoming participation in the Cleantech Open Global Ideas Competition during GEW 2011.
- The Americas Venture Cup Conference is again planned for GEW in Miami. The two-day conference connects innovative companies from South Florida and Latin America to meet and develop strategic alliances with established firms and investors.
- EntrePeer, a new portal run by the Canadian Youth Business Foundation (host of GEW / Canada) is connecting entrepreneurs, mentors and business champions across the country.
- UMIS-SMEA, the host of GEW / Croatia, is coordinating the 8th European Day of the Entrepreneur Conference in October ahead of GEW. President Ivo Josipovic will address the gathering (no link yet, so you'll just have to take me at my word... for now).
- Les Journées de L'Entrepreneur, host of GEW / France, is hosting the G20 Young Entrepreneur Summit in Nice from October 31 - November 2.
- More than 100 UK entrepreneurs will join 400 international entrepreneurs at TechWorld in London during GEW 2011.
- Wismar University in Germany is looking for amazing GEW photos in their Reach for Your Stars international photo contest during GEW 2011. Deadline for entries is October 15!