News & Updates on GEW/USA
District of Columbia
Nov 16, 2011
As Global Entrepreneurship Week activities continue in 123 countries around the world, the updates keep pouring in, including:
- The Huffington Post opened up Global Entrepreneurship Week with a piece from GEW president Jonathan Ortmans -- "A Smarter World by Startups.'
- Two Boston-area entrepreneurs took top honors for Startup Open, a competition for the most promising startups created between GEW 2010 and GEW 2011.
- The Washington Post points out a few DC-area events and activities to keep an eye on during Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Somerset Community College student Timothy Phelps is competing for a free trip around the world as part of Your Big Year--and he is also working with local Kentucky business owners to bring Global Entrepreneurship Week to the SCC campus
- A couple of Maryland high school students are competing in the finals of the World Series of Innovation, held by the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Kansas City has a lot going on during Global Entrepreneurship Week... which makes sense considering it's the home of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.