GEW/USA News & Updates: MI, OH, PR, OK Partners
Chelsea Grieco @C_Grieco
Aug 16, 2012
Summer may be flying by but in its dwindling weeks, the GEW/USA partner registration is in full swing! From Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma to Puerto Rico, partners all around the USA are getting their organizations involved for the week-long celebration. Also congratulations to 2011 Startup Open Top 50 finalist, Knock out! Panties.
- New partner, E-Merge Entrepreneur Network of West Michigan has registered its Boost! Business Pitch Competition. In addition to the business competition, the event will also feature an entrepreneur service provider expo, and a presentation on how to access business capital.
- Welcome to the latest GEW/USA partners to register on the site— The Ohio Small Business Development Center in Columbus, Ohio, Michigan State University Extension in Clinton Township, Michigan and Nvyro Corp., a business development company in Puerto Rico.
- The Tulsa Startup Cup will be a Featured Event during GEW this year, hosted by Tulsa Community College in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Congratulation’s to Knock out! Panties, a member of the Top 50 in last year’s Startup Open. Knock out! Panties are now the official Panty of the Foundation for Women’s Cancer, and a sponsor of the 2012 National Race to End Women’s Cancer in Washington, DC on November 4th.
We want to hear what you have planned. Be sure to begin planning your events and activities for GEW 2012 and registering them on the site. If you need help thinking of new and interesting ideas, be sure to visit the Ideas Bank that has been updated with even more great concepts for empowering entrepreneurship in your area.
In other news from the Unleashing Ideas network:
- The National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship has scheduled three additional keynote speakers for their Annual National Conference, to take place in Chicago from October 7-10. The additional speakers include John Harthorne, CEO of Mass Challenge, Doris Christopher of The Pampered Chef, and Thom Ruhe of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
- The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship announced the talented NFTE graduates who have been awarded the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 Alumni Fund Scholarships. The awards will go towards the recipients' college tuition.
- In preparation for Tuscon's upcoming Startup Weekend, a group of computer programmers gathered together last weekend for the Startup Tuscon Hackathon. Participants were challenged to create a mobile app or computer software from scratch in just 24 hours.