GEW/USA News & Updates: CA, IN, FL Partners Planning for 2012
Aug 01, 2012
Now that August has started, we are only three months away from this year’s Global Entrepreneurship Week, November 12-18. Today we take a look at some new activities in California, and new partners in Indiana and Florida.
- Southwestern College’s Center for International Trade Development in San Diego, California has registered their Youth Entrepreneurship Program for GEW 2012. The program offers students an opportunity to explore entrepreneurship as a career path through classes and mentoring opportunities.
- Welcome to the latest GEW/USA partners to register on the site—Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis in Indianapolis, Indiana and Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
We want to hear what you have planned. Be sure to begin planning your events and activities for GEW 2012 and registering them on the site. If you need help thinking of new and interesting ideas, be sure to visit the Ideas Bank that has been updated with even more great concepts for empowering entrepreneurship in your area.
In other news from the Unleashing Ideas network:
- You're invited: Startup Hoyas Incubator Demo Day is a chance to learn more about the businesses that Georgetown University student entrepreneurs have been building. The event starts at 5 p.m. on Thursday, August 2.
- The results are in from Startup Weekend Memphis. Coachspeak, a social network for athletic coaches and staff, took the first-place spot.
- This Forbes article helps aspiring entrepreneurs determine if applying to startup accelerator is the right move for them. INNA Jam and Sour Flour are two exemplary Startup Open success stories in the Northern California Bay Area. Read about their journeys from concept to business.