GEW/USA News & Update: Baton Rouge Entrepreneurship Week Highlights Community Initiative During GEW
Chelsea Grieco @C_Grieco
Oct 02, 2012
The Baton Rouge Entrepreneurship Week (BREW) is shaping up to be a fantastic initiative in Louisiana capital. The weeklong series of events is presented Louisiana Technology Park, the Baton Rouge Business Report and supported by the Baton Rouge Area Chamber. BREW is a great example of local government, businesses, organizations and universities coming together to celebrate GEW and the entrepreneurial endeavors in their community. Registered BREW events include the Women’s Business Leaders Breakfast, the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report Breakfast, the Sense High Stakes Pitch Night, a number of panel discussions, and networking events. Louisiana State University is also hosting events as part of BREW, including the BREW 2012 Kickoff, and the LSU Executive Education Breakfast to Business event. The full BREW schedule will continue to be updated with new events and event details as the celebration and GEW 2012 approaches.
With a little over one month left until GEW 2012, November 12-18th, partners are finalizing their GEW event and activity plans. GEW/USA partners with recently registered events include:
- The University of Buffalo School of Management Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership in Buffalo, New York is presenting a lecture from TOMS shoes founder Blake Mycoskie, The Innovation Challenge competition, an Arts and Entrepreneurship event and other networking and panel discussion opportunities for students.
- The Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship of Cape Girardeau, Missouri is hosting an impressive 13 events including, Overcoming Hurdles- Women Inspiring Entrepreneurship Featuring Tracy DeGraaf, the Big Idea elevator pitch contest and Yoga for Entrepreneurs.
- The J.D. Brown Center for Entrepreneurship in York, Pennsylvania is holding the Student Elevator Pitch Competition for students at York College. Also, the second annual Entrepreneurship Central PA Conference will bring together the regions most successful entrepreneurs.
- NoizIvy.org, an entrepreneurship education service, is holding the Startup Long Island event in Hauppauge, New York. The three-day event will allow participants to partake in educational workshops, get advice from experts and even pair up with other entrepreneurs who may be able to provide useful resources.
- The Lapeer County Education and Technology DECA Chapter of North Branch, Michigan is hosting the Entrepreneurship Dinner for local entrepreneurs to connect with students, discuss their experiences and provide expert advice.
In other news from the Unleashing Ideas network:
- The Entrepreneurs’ Organization hosted 30 entrepreneurs from around the world in Washington, DC as part of US Department of State initiative. The peer-to-peer learning environment helped participants tap into the knowledge and experience of other business owners.
- Anthony Carmona, Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship graduate and Amy Rosen, NFTE CEO & President, were interviewed on the Education Nation version of MSNBC's Your Business to discuss the power of entrepreneurship education.