'Future' Summit Lines Up Impressive List for GEW 2011 in DC
District of Columbia
Jul 05, 2011
Ted Leonsis, the owner of three professional sports franchises, and Jeff Sandefer, the Austin entrepreneur who created the Acton Foundation, are headlining the Future of Entrepreneurship Education Summit during Global Entrepreneurship Week in Washington, DC.
Scheduled for November 17-19 at the US Chamber of Commerce--within direct eyesight of the White House--the invite-only Summit is a followup to last year's succcessful event at the University of Central Florida. Collectively, the organizations that participated serve over 30 million aspiring and existing entrepreneurs per year and have given hundreds of millions in donations to the field.
The event was live-streamed to the web and archived online for individuals and organizations globally interested in learning innovative strategies for funding and promoting entrepreneurship in their community. This year's Summit is available through a live online simulcast as well.
To date, the list of speakers and participants includes:
- Jeff Sandefer, Founder, Acton Foundation & Sold Previous Company for $1B+
- Ted Leonsis, Former President, AOL, and owner of NBA's Washington Wizards, NHL's, Washington Capitols and WNBA's Washington Mystics
- Desh Deshpande, Chairman, Sycamore Networks
- Naveen Jain, Founder, Intelius
- Michael Hennessy, CEO, Coleman Foundation
- Bo Fishback, Founder & CEO, Zaarly, and former VP of Entrepreneurship, Kauffman Foundation
- Brien Biondi, Former CEO, Entrepreneurs' Organization
- Ellen Thrasher, Director, Entrepreneurship Education, SBA
- Steve Mariotti, Founder, Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Stan Anderson, Chairman, Campaign for Free Enterprise, US Chamber of Commerce
- Brian Moran, Director, Wall Street Journal
- Rieva Lesonsky, Former Managing Editor, Entrepreneur
- Joshua Moss, Managing Editor, Portfolio.com (owned by American City Business Journals)
- Alfred Edmond, Senior Vice President, Black Enterprise
- Jeff Reid, Director of Entrepreneurial Studies, Georgetown University
- Ken Yancey, CEO, SCORE
- Atul Jain, Founder, TEOCO
- Mauro Delorenzo, Vice President, Templeton Foundation
- Patricia Green, Former Dean & Provost, Babson College
GEW hosts interested in attending the November 2011 Future of Entrepreneurship Education Summit should fill out the application for invitation.