An Exciting GEW Ahead
Oct 11, 2010
This November promises both a deeper and wider Global Entrepreneurship Week campaign -- reaching more countries and new audiences. In just three short years, GEW has established a solid and ongoing presence in 100 countries -- and counting. During the same time period, more than 10 million people around the world have participated in GEW activities and 2010 aims to double that total.
At the heart of GEW are a number of events and activities designed to create life-changing entrepreneurial experiences and breath life into new startups around thew world. Leading the charge again are the Global Cleantech Open Ideas Competition--which has participation from 22 countries--and the Regus Speednetwork the Globe--which will reach more than 50 countries.
Other highlights include:
- Startup Weekend events in more than 15 cities around the world -- and a competition that connects them all;
- Your Big Year, a competition to travel the world for one year building life experiences to help pursue your entrepreneurial passions;
- the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards at the Kauffman Foundation, where students with actual businesses will compete for $150,000 in business services; and,
- the Global Innovation Game, a social game on Facebook especially created for GEW.
Exciting information is also emerging from GEW hosts on other plans for the Week including:
- the Global Enterprise Experience, a partnership between GEW host organizations in Singapore, Germany and China;
- La Fete de l'Entrepreneur celebrations in French universities and business schools throughout that nation on November 15;
- the launch of a new angel network in Jordan; a national Congress of 1,800 young entrepreneurs in Mexico; and the launch of the Startup Open in the United States.
For more information on a wide range of other activities and events around the world, make the global website your homepage offering you fresh updates every day.