The GEW USA Startup Cities initiative features cities around the United States with promising and growing entrepreneurial communities. The mission of the Startup Cities initiative is to help produce more successful entrepreneurs by increasing the number of healthy startup communities and by connecting entrepreneurs to better support services. Here are some highlights of GEW activities in various cities across the nation and Puerto Rico.
The Cooking Up Ideas to Achieve Food for All event at UNC Chapel Hill on Nov. 21, presents a real-world challenge to students and participants to solve. Participants will hear a reverse pitch about food insecurity in North Carolina. From there, they must research, collaborate and pitch their ideas to address the problem. There will be a creative thinking and design bootcamp, as well as prizes for pitch winners. Check out some other events held across North Carolina this week.
- Entrepreneurship Diverse Lenses hosted by the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (UNC Chapel Hill), Nov. 17
- Social Entrepreneurship Student Summit hosted by North Carolina State University (NC State), Nov. 18
- Free Help for Startups: Negotiating Term Sheets hosted by UNC Chapel Hill, Nov. 19
- Conversation with Steve Zelnak hosted by NC State, Nov. 19
- Pop-Up Lunch & Learn with Nate Myers and Dr. Gary Beckman hosted by NC State, Nov. 19
- B the Best Entrepreneur- B Corps Luncheon hosted by UNC Chapel Hill, Nov. 20
Photo credit: Flickr