What is National Entrepreneurs' Day?
National Entrepreneurs’ Day (NED) is an effort to create a national public observance day to celebrate entrepreneurs in all their forms, and the important role they have played and will continue to play in building America and creating new opportunities. NED will also help draw attention to barriers to entrepreneurship, both local and national, to improve chances of success. The holiday would fall on the third Tuesday of November each year, coinciding with Global Entrepreneurship Week.
NED was started in 2010 by David Hauser and Siamak Taghaddos, co founders of Grasshopper, the entrepreneur’s phone system, and Amir Tehrani, entrepreneur and co founder of The Legacy Foundation. The group successfully petitioned President Obama to proclaim National Entrepreneurs’ Day as a holiday in 2010 and each year since.
This year, H. Res. 511 has been introduced in Congress, a resolution celebrating America’s entrepreneurs with the designation of the third Tuesday in November as National Entrepreneurs’ Day.
We’re looking to build a national coalition of support for this initiative. Currently, we have 47 cosponsors on H. Res. 511, and we hope to have a Senate resolution introduced soon.
When is National Entrepreneurs' Day?
As mentioned above, National Entrepreneurs’ Day will be on the third Tuesday of November each year. National Entrepreneurs’ Day will be on November 17th, 2015 this year.
Spread the word!
Sharing information is on the VoteForNED Homepage for anyone to use.
○ We owe a lot to our entrepreneurs! Let’s give them deserved recognition w National Entrepreneurs Day #Vote4NED http://voteforned.org
○ National Entrepreneurs Day is a day of celebration & recognition. Let’s tip our hats to innovation! #Vote4NED http://voteforned.org
○ Entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial businesses created 2.3M jobs in 2013. Let’s #Vote4NED ! http://voteforned.org
○ 54% of millennials in U.S. want to start a business or have already started one. Support entrepreneurs & #Vote4NED ! http://voteforned.org
○ Support the women + minority entrepreneurs, who are strengthening the U.S. economy. NED has my vote! #Vote4Ned http://voteforned.org
○ Let’s recognize the impact of entrepreneurship with National Entrepreneurs Day! #Vote4Ned http://voteforned.org
○ Entrepreneurship is a key driver of our economy. I support National Entrepreneurs Day! #Vote4Ned http://voteforned.org